CREDIT CARD DATA CONVERSION (FINANCIAL SERVICES)
Highly diversified financial services organization with assets over $300 billion and more than 34,000 employees. The Bank offers a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions in Canada and the United States.
Large project to integrate the acquisition of a new credit card product while simultaneously transferring the existing credit card processing application to Total Systems (TSYS), the industry standard. This migration to TSYS enabled a cross-border portfolio view for all credit card applications. In order to ensure continuity in analytical capabilities, Adastra was engaged to migrate all of the analytics platforms to the new TSYS application. This included the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW and other analytical platforms that are specific to credit card and marketing processes.
Define local process requirements and implement the supporting SAP application for all locations. Also includes some overseas sales and distribution offices.
- Populate the EDW and Credit Card Data Warehouse from the new source
- Load the warehouses with historical data
- Make the transition transparent and seamless to the downstream applications using the warehouse as source:
- Campaign Management
- Predictive Models
- Credit Risk analysis
- The conversion of the EDW utilized a "data factory" approach with small multifunctional teams operating in an agile and iterative capacity to deliver multiple small packages of work until the conversion was completed.
- Utilized Adastra's Bestshoring model to help reduce costs by engaging offshore development and QA consultants in the appropriate phased of the development lifecycle.
- Budget: $7.5 million
- Resources: Adastra provided approximately 35 resources to support the project including Project Managers, Technical Leads, Solution Architect, Data Architects, Business Analysts, BI Technical Specialists, ETL Developers, and QA Analysts
- Duration: 20 months split between in two separate phases
- Environment: ISAS/DB2, Sun/Sybase IQ, Ab Initio, Unix
- Notes: The project required coordination between two distinct analytical environments at the Bank, and was delivered as two large phases with a 12 month break between phased deliveries.